Poker or pokerface is a byword for many phenomena in the real world and so its name is known among wide strata of population. Yet gambling game lovers appreciate this game for its strategic framework and for material for mind work it provides. Whether playing for money or playing free for fun, gamblers enjoy increased level of analysis and decision making, and they describe it as a refined pleasure that few experiences can compare to. Even if you are not that much of a strategist and only want to spend some rounds dealing in cards and appreciating some small wins, the Canadian casinos can cater to your preferences and offer a choice of poker games. What is special about video poker games is that you do not even have to go to a land casino – just turn on a PC, load some bucks and here you go, check the hand and decide what cards to discard. Pure fun without extra efforts. So in this review we will highlight some points about strategies, game features, tips, bonuses and other useful info that you can employ in your merry pastime of playing poker as a video game.
Top Video Poker Casinos
How to Play in Video Poker?
The game is known for its simplicity, and video game retains this principle: get five cards, decide what to discard and get replacement cards. If this last replacement brought you cards that form a winning hand of some kind – you have won. If no – repeat till you do 🙂 In video poker games everything happens automatically and you can even receive tips on which cards to retain in this particular situation to secure a good hand.
Video poker also offers opportunity of multi-hand playing, which means that you can collect up to 10 wining hands simultaneously – but to do that you need to pay for all ten hands in advance. You select what cards to replace in each hand, and so each hand that wins brings you revenue.
It is up to you what number of hands to play, just remember that the less experience you have, the less hands you’d better pick, and increase their number as your expertise and strategic thinking improves.
Types of Video Poker
Video game poker has same types as real life poker. The most known and loved ones are Jacks or Better, Joker Poker, Deuces Wild, Double Bonus, Bonus Poker and some others. The type depends on the selection of cards that form a hand and on additional bonuses that can be unlocked across the game.
For example, Joker Poker takes jokers as wild cards that help to form a hand with other cards. Deuces Wild mean that twos in the stack become wild and also assist in making a high paying good hand. Jacks or Better stand for at least two jacks that are required to form a hand.
Royal Flush is 10 plus jack plus queen plus king plus ace. This is the combinations that delivers the largest payout, but is also a rare hand.
Progressive poker is fine in that accumulates prizes across a gambling machine, few machines or even casinos. It is a promising kind of game so people often try a hand at this kind, too.
Strategy in Video Poker
The accurate strategy depends on the type of the game you play and on the winning combinations that it requires. So the best strategy to play poker will be to watch and retain potentially winning cards and to try and get complementary cards so that to gain at least a small prize. Bets and odds are also a decisive factor in selecting a strategy to pursue.
Overall steps to be successful in poker, whether in video or real-life kind, are something like that:
- if good cards turn up in your hand right at the beginning, do not discard them so that to gain a potentially more promising hand like flush or straight. These combinations are rare birds, and holding simply good cards gives higher chances to arrive at some kind of winning hand.
- wild cards games really look an easy win, but remember that in these varieties of poker a winning hand will require more specific cards than an ordinary poker game will. So the wild card influence is usually leveled by a more complex requirements for a proper prize-stealing hand.
- do not begin playing game of poker with its multi-hand varieties. First master your skills and strategy in one-hand game, accustom yourself to the process and then, if you want, dive into two or more hands gaming.
- do not view video poker as a reliable source of income. It is hardly so, as main prizes and six-digit loots are caught in international tournaments, and there the complexity and pressure are incomparable to innocent 5-buck round of video poker. Play for pleasure, play for mind-flexing and sharpening, play for the feeling of the game. if you play for money, know your limit and stop when the game gets out for your hands. You will recover your loss in a next game.
- appreciate that the game is simple and make the most of it. Video poker is as cool as a real one but is less complex in gameplay and combinations. Absence of tournaments is a also a good point for a novice.
Bonuses in Video Poker
Bonuses in this kinds of gambling game can be unlocked within a round or awarded at the commencement of your experience at the given casino. In other words, poker also has a welcoming bonus, so if you plan to wager money, use its potential to the full.
Bonus rounds unlocked amidst a round can bring a player a double amount of the prize. Everything is wagered on ‘double or nothing’ and a player only needs to pull one good card to win everything.
Bonus poker types provide a wide range of bonuses that are unlocked at different levels of playing. These can be wild cards or multiplication of a prize size.
Welcoming bonus is a sum assigned to a player after he or she deposit some money into a gambling account. The bonus match is double or triple compared to initial deposit. But to unlock a player needs to play a few games. Some kinds of poker unlock the bonus fast, others contribute little to unlocking, so mind it while picking what games to play first.
Video poker is a decent counterpart to a real-life poker, plus it has some valuable advantages. Video poker is simpler, more automated, it does not require tournaments or competitions with other players. Yet it features all thrills and potential prizes that a real-life poker has. So if you only start you path of a poker lover or just want to relax and enjoy the game as a such – pick a good online casino and deal the cards. Royal Flush definitely awaits somewhere ahead.